Friday, May 7, 2010

Dolores, but you can call me Lolita

This beautiful restaurant offers a "true" Miami experience.  The building was once Miami’s Fire Station No. 4, and was built in the Mediterranean Revival style.  The restaurant is elegant and provides great ambiance.  It is located across the street form the Mary Brickell Village shops. 
The building offers multiple areas to enjoy, like the delightful rooftop dining terrace with couches and a beautiful view of the city.  The indoor dining area is decorated in white and features beautiful floral arrangements and graceful lighting.

We dined in the garden dining room on the first floor. The decor was chic and we found the restaurant to be charming.

The meals are superb (at least the ones I've tasted).  I had the eggplant with smoked mozzarella for my appetizer( appetizers are included with the price of the entrees).   The appetizer was delicious!  I was stuffed by the time the entree came, I ate a little and brought the leftovers to my son.  We both enjoyed it very much.  I had the pan seared Chilean Sea Bass with the seafood ragout.  My husband ordered the shrimp and mahi-mahi scampi with pasta and enjoyed it immensely.

Our experience was delightful and was made better by the fact that dinner was priced very well.

Go by and come back and share your comments on the experience.

Dolores, but you can call me Lolita
1000 South Miami Avenue
Miami, FL 33130
(305) 403-3103