Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Condo Time

This year we had an opportunity to spend time at our condo again.  Every year between vacations and social, academic and career obligations we try to spend time here, even if just for a little bit.  This year we have been here off and on over 1 month. 

My husband and I go to work from here if necessary and my children attend their functions from here.  It's a longer drive for all of us but well worth it if we get to spend quality time together. 

When we come, I take the opportunity to upgrade and/or repair anything that needs to be fixed.  No matter how often I come during the year, unless I am staying here I don't really see what is needed.  You have to live here for an extended period (at least a few days) to notice things.  This year we replaced towels, the TV in the master bedroom, some linens and some items in the kitchen.  While here I also noticed the refrigerator we purchased last year (hopefully still under warranty) freezes over a little, and creates a film of ice over the inside of the freezer. This was happening last year when we received the refrigerator but I thought I was being exaggerated.




 The dishwasher is also acting a little strange, so I realized you can't "over fill it".  I am a little abusive with dishwashers...I want to put a lot of things in to avoid doing two loads, but if it gets too full, you end up doing two loads anyway to wash the items that didn't get washed in the cycle that was too full.


So there you have it.  Some of the issues I've had to deal with this year.  Very minor, thank goodness!


Being here, also helps me be a better guide, a better landlord and better travel advisor.  I get to experience things first hand and pass on the vital information to prospective clients, tenants and guests.

I hope you benefit from my posts and I hope I help you get the most from your vacation.