Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lincoln Road

On Sunday June 19th, Father's Day we spent the evening on and around Lincoln Road.  It's one of the best family-friendly nights of the week.

We had dinner at our family favorite, Shake Shack, and then walked around and took in all the sights.  Shake Shack serves some of the best burgers we've had.  My family loves burgers and we've eaten a lot of them...these are really fresh and great tasting.  The fries are good also.  The best part is you can have a completely unhealthy meal by adding a shake to the mix.  I always avoid them,  but this time I gave in and had a few sips of my daughter's chocolate shake...heavenly!!!


After walking through Lincoln Road for a while, we went over to the New World Center and the Soundscape Park.  There was nothing going on this evening just a few passersby.  we walked around a bit and then had an uneventful football game for four.  My son and I against my husband and daughter.  we were all winners and had a great, relaxing night in the meantime.

I was never into sports growing up and now as a mom I am "forced" to play sports I never even wanted to  watch...soccer, football, volleyball, basketball, and countless others...  Don't get me wrong...I love to be included and to participate in these family sporting events.  I just find it funny that I didn't do it when I was young and now I do.  I love our family time and look forward to any activity we do together...